Monday 21 June 2010

The Prisoner

“A Man defending his country at least should get some respect”

I’m just a soldier inside your cave
I’m not so innocent however I’m not so brave

Don’t seize my freedom you’re not my mighty God
Live with dignity or to be buried in mud.

It’s not your right to treat me that way
If you have the power I have a lot inside to say


Standing in pride seized inside my chain
Maybe I’ve lost everything but I still got my brain

My thoughts are not just rage and anger inside of me
Those were my guide that showed me how strong I should be

It’s the way I keep listening in silence where my thoughts have been banned
It’s when I feel ashamed of myself when I have to obey your command


If you can’t see that you’re pathetic it’s just because you’re blind
It’s not me who needs your sympathy at least I can still use my mind


My struggle inside your prison was just a matter of time
Maybe I’ll be suffering for a while but soon I will be fine


Thanks for your humiliation and for all the words you made me hear
You gave me a life time experience and there’s nothing left I would have to fear

Written By: Jermeen Nasr.
Monday 29th September, 2009- 12:15 am.
 - Copy Rights Reserved to Jermeen Nasr

0 comments:

Post a Comment